Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello Again

Hello again my poor, neglected blog!

The year has flown by with little thought of writing anything down! I should really make a more concerted effort to keep things updated, but well, life just seems to get in the way!

Life has been full of changes this year! I moved out of my tiny condo and into a HUGE house with an incredible yard for Teddie! This house came along with new roommates, in the form of my big brother (recently retired from 20 years of service in the Air Force) and his wife and their dog Dude.

After MONTHS of searching for a new job, I was offered 2 jobs within 24 hours of each other! After an agonizing week of lists of pros and cons, I went with my gut and took a big scary leap into a new career as a Flight Attendant for Frontier Airlines! So, I've quit my old primary gig and taken a leave of absence from my more part-time-ish gig (to see if it can still fit into this new life, or not)! I'm currently about a week and a half into my four and a half weeks of Flight Attendant (FA) training- and let me just say that this is MUCH HARDER THAN IT SEEMS! I'll talk more about this later...

I completed my FIRST RACE on August 21st! I ran (jogged occasionally, and walked a lot) the Warrior Dash in Copper Mountain (a 5k, essentially, with a bunch of obstacles added in- at roughly 10,000 ft!)! It was hard, muddy and fun! My goal was only to finish without stopping- which I did. Considering the almost zero training that I did, I'm ok with having finished in 1 hour and 13 minutes.

Teddie is gradually growing into a "good" girl, but some days it is very uphill work. I was incredibly lucky to be able to take her to work with me for 5 months, and am now lucky to have a roommate who is home almost all day, every day while I'm gone. She's still naughty, energetic and stubborn, but improving.

This is about all of the check-in time I can muster at the moment, I've got to get back to studying, but I'll try to be more regular. I know that I HATE it when the blogs that I enjoy reading are updated infrequently (don't they KNOW that I rely on that entertainment?!), though, I have no idea if anyone besides me really sees this ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment