Saturday, May 2, 2009

Torture

Yes, I am officially 14 days away from my college graduation! It's amazing and terrifying and exciting! I also have so much work to do in the next 14 days that I crapped the proverbial brick. Not. Kidding.

Let me run it down for you so that you can share in my stress, terror, and brick crapping. In the next 2 weeks I have to do:

1) 10 page research paper on domestic violence in pregnancy (not yet started, naturally)
2) A whole semester's worth of online history class to do (minus 1 1/2 assignments), which includes reading almost 2 entire books and writing the equivalent of another book
3) 14 microbiology lab write-ups to write
4) A zoo research assignment to go do and write up
5) 2 animal behavior exams to take (before the final exam)
6) My microbiology lab exam
7) A domestic violence exam
8) And last, but not least, the real final exam week's exams! (Which should only be a couple of exams, but are still A LOT of work)

Whew! I'm tired just thinking about this mess! Yes, I know, I shouldn't have procrastinated on some of these things so long. But that's kind of my thing. I procrastinate really well, much better in fact, than I do homework (or anything else that is considered *not* fun). And some of these things are just all due at the same time, which I think is a cruel plan devised by college professors to torture us all simultaneously. Oh, and I've had a crummy semester, that has been monopolized by trying to survive my all-consuming microbiology class. And working a couple of jobs at the same time, that probably hasn't helped either...

So now the announcements have been sent out and I need to make the rest of this happen (you know, the GRADUATING part). I honestly don't know how I can get all of this done, but I know that this is going to be what I spend almost every waking moment of the next 14 days doing. It's a good goal, one that has taken 9 interrupted and imperfect years to accomplish. But I'm so close now that I will do whatever I can to pull this off! Wish me luck! And postings until then will probably be light to non-existent.

No comments:

Post a Comment